Keeping your shower and tub area sparkling clean and hygienic enhances your home’s beauty while preserving value and ensuring your family’s health and safety. At The Grout Medic of Southwest Chicago, our technicians are often asked how to sanitize and clean the grout in their shower. Fortunately, taking care of your grout is actually a lot easier than you may realize.
Because grout is a porous material, it can hold dirt, soap and other grime. When not kept clean, the humidity in your bathroom facilitates the growth of mold and mildew, and while some types are easy to spot, you could have hidden mold or mildew you don’t even know about.
In addition from detracting from your bathroom’s appearance, dirt, bacteria, mold and mildew are dangerous to your family’s health. Here are a few things you can do today to take care of the grout in your home:
Keeping Shower Grout Clean and Sanitary
- Avoid stands by keeping your grout clean. Use vinegar or baking soda to gently – and naturally – clean your grout on a regular basis.
- Use a bathroom fan or dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your bathroom. This inhibits the growth of mold and mildew.
- Never install carpet in bathrooms.
- Be cautious when using commercial cleaners in enclosed areas. Pay attention to the ingredients, and never combine bleach solutions with products that contain ammonia.
- When dealing with mold, always wear rubber gloves and the proper respiratory mask.
- After cleaning, apply a specialty sealant to prevent stains and future soap build-up.
Southwest Chicago Grout Cleaning
If you have serious mold or mildew problems or stubborn, deep-set stains, do-it-yourself methods may prove ineffective. If you need professional southwest Chicago grout cleaning, The Grout Medic of Southwest Chicago can help. We offer a full range of tile and grout services, and we use only the best products and equipment to provide only the best service. Call 630-665-4768 or request an appointment online today!